A prospective donor must be between the ages of 18 and 35, a current college student or graduate, in good health and be from a low risk AIDS group. You are asked to provide personal and family health information on parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles, so you must know your biological parents/grandparents and have no family history of genetic disease.
Before you are accepted into our program you must first pass the steps necessary for qualification. They are:
If you pass the first five steps you are given a complete physical at which time we screen for all sexually transmitted diseases including HIV. If you pass this step you are accepted into the donor program.
- Complete the on-line Donor Pre-Screening Questionnaire.
- Once we receive the Donor Pre-Screening Questionnaire we will contact you to set up your initial appointment.
- At your initial appointment you will need to fill out a personal and family health history. We will also conduct an interview and do a semen evaluation.
- Second semen evaluation (done one week later).
- Third semen evaluation (done one week later).
We ask for a once a week commitment for at least 6 months to a year. If you are unable to give this please do not waste your time and ours by going through the qualifying process. Once accepted into the program we request that you abstain from all sexual activity for 3 days prior to each visit. When we say 3 days, we mean 3 days. This will give the body time to replenish the sperm count.
Donors who qualify for the program will be compensated for their time; however, donors are not paid during the qualifying process.
As a sperm donor you are not considered the legal father of any children conceived as a result of your sperm donation. Also, you have no rights or responsibilities to the resultant offspring. However, we do count on your humanistic bent in the sense that if an offspring were in need of special medical attention, we could contact you and expect your cooperation (i.e. blood transfusion). When you are accepted into the program you are required to sign a legal contract that protects your rights as a sperm donor and outlines your responsibilities to the bank.
Please call for hours and locations.
- Our main office is in Loveland and is open Monday thru Friday.
- The Denver office is open on Tuesday mornings only.
- The Boulder office is open Wednesday mornings only.
You MUST have an appointment prior to coming in. Please call us at 800-473-9601 if you have any questions or to set up an appointment.